- Stylisation is 'Editing'
- Start with more, so you can edit down to less
- It helps to understand reality first
- Charles Dana Gibson -> Great old master illustrator to reference how he did faces
- J.C. Leyendecker is a great example of stylisation but still being based in reality
- 'Iron out the bumps'
- 'Average down to the essence of what something is'
- Glen Keane used Leyendecker as inspiration for Pocahontas
- He talked about 'ironing out the details or putting it in a 'rock tumbler'** when it came to stylisation